"My mother said, `Even you, Paul, can be in only one place at one time.'
Maybe soon I will be relieved of this disadvantage.
Maybe, once I've left, I'll be able to be in many places at the same time.
Maybe then I'll be able to collaborate with Archimedes and Euclid."
Science News Online
1996 issue of SIGACT News
includes an obituary written by
László Babai. It is available on-line for ACM SIGACT members.
- Another article by Babai has appeared in the January/February 1997 issue
of SIAM News
(Not available on-line).
- Mathematik-Genie gestorben: Paul Erdos wurde 83 Jahre alt
All Things Considered September 24, 1996 interview with
Ron Graham (RealAudio, 5 minutes).
- University of Memphis honored Erdös on his 83rd birthday,
March 26th 1996.
- Emory Honorary Degree conferred to Erdös, Summer 95.
Includes a great photograph.
- Paul Nevai
has a page
which includes articles by Aleksandar Ivic,
Béla Bollobás (see below)
and Vladik Kreinovich.
Erdös dies at 83,
an obituary by Béla Bollobás, and
from AMS e-MATH.
- The Erdos Project's page of
Erdös includes two nice articles by
and Joel Spencer.
- Erdos 99,
a conference dedicated to the memory of Paul Erdos, to be
held in Hungary, July 4-11, 1999.
[CS Home][Theory Home]